Tuesday 9 August 2016

Chitkul to Kalpa - 3


14.06.16 Day 5


i repeat, Chitkul is not a place you should leave in one day

Honestly, Chitkul is not a place one can and should leave in one day. But what they say, backpacking is like flirting with life, Its like saying I would stay and love you but I have to go. Its my station.
And my next station was Kalpa. To reach to Kalpa there is only one private bus runs from Chitkul to Reckon Peo early in morning at 6 am. and takes Rs. 120. From Reckon Peo, there are frequent maxis (small private buses) run to Kalpa and take Rs. 15.

roof of a temple

I was at Chitkul bus stop on the time. No need to tell, it was freezing cold temperature out there. It was four and half hour journey to Reckon Peo. I got a maxi in half hour from Peo bus stop to Kalpa.
 

I was missing Chitkul and started comparing it with Kalpa. And I found myself not liking Kalpa as much as liked Chitkul. Maybe I was still in love with Chitkul.

I inquired in few guest houses for accommodation. It was little expensive than my earlier stays. Finally settled down at Chini Bungalow Guest House. The room was really good with attached toilet bathroom and hot water and worth for paying Rs. 400, 100 rupees more than my budget. 



Chini Bungalow  
My guest house owner told me that  Himachal Pradesh State Transport employees are on strike and I have to stay in Kalpa for at least two more days because no private buses run from Kalpa to Nako. So I was in Kalpa, desperately wanted to leave it next day and head to Nako, which was my next station. But was helpless and had to stay here in Kalpa for two more days. This was first time in this trip, something happened which was not expected. I wont say, something happened against my plan. Because I really had no plans.
  
view of Kinnaur Kailash from the school
I was sitting on the steps of the school  from where you can get the best view of Kinnaur Kailash Peaks. I was enjoying the view and updating my whereabouts to Mom over phone.

Vidya and Ashok

There I saw one Indian couple trying to take a selfie. I asked them if they want any help in clicking their picture, after seeing their expressions of not getting a perfect picture.

This young couple happened to be from Pune. Ashok and Vidya. Ashok was an IITn and working for engineering firm where Vidya was a Data Scientist. What was the first thing I realized about this couple was, they were travelers not tourist. And the second thing was, never judge a person on their occupation. I was impressed to see this Indian, engineer couple on their road trip.  
Vidya and Ashok on Worlds most treacherous roads
Ashok offered me to travel with them upto Nako next day morning as they had hired a sumo for their road trip to Spiti Valley. When things don't happen as you wished that means something better is on the way to you. It was unexpected. I was happy. I was going to Nako next day morning. 

prayer bells in the middle of small roads in Kalpa
I explored the village after Ashok and Vidya's meeting. In evening we met again at Jyoti Restaurant, where I met few more fellow travelers, one group of Israeli travelers, and had amazing time talking with them. 
Israeli group of travelers with Vidya and Ashok
Nadav, the more friendlier than others in the group, whom I kept bumping into every next station of my journey told me why we see Israeli travelers everywhere in India or in east Asia for that matter. 
For them Military service is compulsory after their schooling for couple of years. And they get nice amount when they leave it. So before getting into into job or higher education they prefer traveling. And it has become a trend in Israel now a days. Interesting isnt it? 


happiness is when you make someone smile
Though she could not speak Hindi and I could not understand her language, we talked. When I say keep smiling and keep spreading happiness, I mean it. I live by this sentence. This is now my goal in life. Though it is a very small and unnoticeable thing. But it makes me happy to make people smile. And it does not need any extra efforts.

Jyoti Restaurant
I visited this place four times in 18 hours I spent in Kalpa. And it had a reason...


 

 

6 comments:

  1. Great Amrapali. Keep traveling & keep writing amazing blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Amrapali Keep It up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Amrapali. Keep traveling & keep writing amazing blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your travel story and narration till now :) ..i will be starting my solo trip to kinnaur and spiti from september 1st week and would need a small info from you..is the bus from chitkul to peo a HRTC bus or some travel agent operated one. I am planning to continue towards Nako on the same day from Peo. So this info would be helpful

    ReplyDelete